Here's quick access to a few sites below which are my daily visits (or in one case, weekly):
There are no PC news sites here because I personally only visit Mac news sites. Drop me a note with your favorite news sites (PC and Mac alike) and I'll look into adding them here. There are already several non-computer related links in this section.
- About This Particular Macintosh (ATPM)
- Monthly e-zine ... "about the PERSONAL computing experience."
- CNN Interactive
- It's CNN, what more can I say?
- The Happy Mac!!!
- All good news about the Macintosh.
- The Information SuperLibrary
- A nice hopping point for a variety of subjects.
- The Internet Macintosh User Group
- IMUG is your internet resource for all your Macintosh needs and wants. Browse the extensive list of links. Chat and post in the discussion areas. This is a one stop site for news, links, columns, opinions, files, and the internet's most important resource...people.
- Library Resources
- A nicely comprehensive list of library resources on the Internet.
- Mac EvangeList
- The purpose of this Web site is to help evangelize Apple, Macintosh, and Newton--and to make the world a better place! Here you'll find archived messages from EvangeList--the mailing list of good news about Apple, Macintosh, and third-party developers--plus links to other useful web sites.
- From Ted Landau, the author of Sad Macs, Bombs and Other Disasters. MacFixIt contains, among other things, troubleshooting tips, hints, work-arounds and solutions of any sort; news about documented bugs, conflicts and problems with existing versions of popular software and hardware.
- Macintosh Graphics News
- What MacInTouch is for Macintoshes, Mac Graphics News is for graphic designers. Daily news regarding graphic design.
- Information and services for productive Macintosh computing.
- The Mac Orchard
- The Mac Orchard is a carefully cultivated list of the most important links for Macintosh Internet users, along with Internet software links and reviews that are updated (almost) daily. The page attempts to be a "one-stop" location for users who are new to using the Macintosh on the Internet, as well as a "bookmark list trimmer" for more experienced Mac users.
- The Macintosh Resource Page
- Excellent place to keep up with Mac-happenings. Most useful is the RAMWatch section. You'll never have to leaf through all those mail-order catalogs for the best price again!
- Mac Tip of the Week
- Insightful comments to keep your Macintosh at its best.
- No Wonder Mac Resources
- If you don't mind waiting up to 24 hours, you can get free technical support via e-mail for Apple computers and software. The people at this site have already helped me with a few problems.
- Orlando Sentinel Online
- At last, my home town newspaper on the web!
- The Site
- The Web version of ZDTV's The Site which airs on the MSNBC channel.
- A free, weekly, electronic publication that reports on interesting products and events in the computer industry.
- This Is True
- A weekly publication (which can be listserv e-mailed to you) featuring news stories that prove that much of the world is about 2 fries short of a Happy Meal.
- Probably the most popular general national newspaper.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive
- Vanderbilt University has recorded and transcribed EVERY national TV newscast (over 23,000) since 1968 and has them here online. Researchers and teachers can get copies of actual tapes, but most are happy with the plain, complete transcripts.
- Have e-mail sent to you when a product in their database is updated to a new version.
- Caters to the wide range of Internet products available for the Mac and provides news, reviews, and columns on a wide range of Internet topics.